HIGHER EDUCATION STUDENTS FINANCING BOARD (HESFB)
The students admitted to Mountains of the Moon University and pursuing an accredited programme can access loans and scholarships from Higher Education Students Financing Board.
What is Higher Education Students’ Financing Board (HESFB)
The Uganda Higher Education Students’ Financing Board (HESFB) is intended to provide loans and scholarships to Ugandan students who have excelled in their secondary education. These students will have qualified for Higher Education in a recognized Higher Education Institutions (HEIs) but are unable to support themselves financially because they find it a challenge to meet the costs associated with Higher Education Institutions (HEIs)
HESFB Vision and Mission
Access to Higher Education for all Ugandans.
To provide student loans to eligible citizens of Uganda to enable them access Higher Education at affordable rates and increase equitable access to Higher Education in the country.
Objectives of HESFB:
(1) To increase equitable access to Higher Education in Uganda;
(2) To support highly qualified students who may not afford Higher Education;
(3) To ensure regional balance in Higher Education services in Uganda.
The Scheme is for Ugandan students seeking to pursue higher education in an accredited Higher Education Institution (HEIs) recognized by the National Council for Higher Education (NCHE) and also pursuing an accredited programme. The applicant will have been admitted to an accredited Higher Education Institution (HEI). The applicant will be required to make a written application to the higher Education Students’ Financing Board by filling in a required form and submit it within a specified timeframe.
HESFB Loan Beneficiaries
The Higher Education Students’ Financing Board will initially offer loans to students pursuing both Sciences and Non sciences in both Public and Private Chartered Universities pursuing courses considered to relevant to National Development.
HESFB Loan Coverage:
The loan from the Higher Education Students Financing Board shall cover pedagogical component such tuition fees, functional fees, research fees and Aids and appliances for Persons With Disabilities (PWDs) while the non pedagogical component such as accommodation, meals, transport costs etc will be cost shared by the students.
HESFB Contact Information:
Programmes that are supported by HESFB at MMU are:
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing
- Bachelor of Nursing (extension)
- Diploma in Nursing
- Bachelor of Science in Horticulture
- Bachelor of Agriculture
- Bachelor of Agribusiness management
- Bachelor of Science in Information Technology
- Bachelor of Computer Science
- Diploma in Computer Science
- Diploma in Information Technology
- Bachelor of Science with Education
- Bachelor of Science in Public health
- Bachelor of Environmental Science
- Bachelor of Special needs Education
Affirmative Action and other programs targeting persons with disability:
- Bachelor of Arts with Education
- Bachelor courses in Business Studies