Mountains of the Moon University Library in partnership with the schools enables the University to provide quality education and achieve its core functions of learning, teaching, research and service to the community. We have a dedicated team who are there to help with any library query you may have. Thank you for visiting MMU Library webpage. We look forward to meeting you in the Library at MMU Saaka Campus!
LIBRARY VISION, MISSION AND OBJECTIVES
To be client –centered, focused and competitive community University library.
To satisfy the information needs and expectations of each individual user, through the provision and exploitation of information resources and services in order to promote and support teaching, learning, research and service to the community.
- Acquire process, organize, preserve and make accessible relevant and current information materials.
- Provide relevant information materials and services that will enable the users acquire current and relevant information and knowledge that satisfy learning, teaching, research and service to the community.
- Facilitate communication and dissemination of knowledge.
- Train users on information literacy skills in order to facilitate full exploitation of information resources.
- Provide adequate and conducive environment for users.
How to use the Library
Admission to the Library is open to members of staff, registered students of the University and fee paid members. Please refer to the ‘User Services and Membership’ section for further information on membership. For security reasons briefcases, bags, heavy jackets, umbrellas and other similar items must be left at the entrance of the library in the bag shelves
For access to information materials in the library the students present their registration cards to prove their identity as MMU registered students.
E-resources are open to all staff and students but for research4life resources the library users have to see the E-resource admin to allow them access.