Salary Scale: M3
Responsible to: Vice Chancellor
Responsible for: Deputy Dean of Students
Ref. No. EXT AD/APP/01/08/02
No. of Posts 01
PURPOSE OF THE JOB
To provide leadership to all matters relating to students’ affairs in the University.
- Coordinates all matters related to students’ affairs.
- Supervises staff under the docket of students’ affairs
- Coordinates all matters related to accommodation of resident students.
- Enforce rules and regulations of the University and all matters related to students’ discipline.
- Establish and monitor channels of communication in regards to student welfare and suggestions with the view of giving students the necessary advice.
- Oversee the operations of the students’ guild and offer appropriate advice and guidance.
- Advise on students’ publications and ensure that they conform to the acceptable standards.
- Oversee the organisation and running of sports and games with the assistance of games tutors.
- Prepare annual estimates and expenditure of halls of residence, sports and games all entertainments and special students’ requirements for submission to the finance committee
- Oversee all matters related to students’ health and discipline.
- Work with the university counsellor with the view of giving students the appropriate advice.
- Oversee the organization and arrangement of the places of worship
- Any other related duties as assigned by the Vice Chancellor.
- Students’ accommodation planned and monitored.
- Strategies for controlling students’ strikes and conflicts developed.
- Catering services efficiently managed and provided to students.
- Security matters handled.
- Students’ leadership supervised.
- Work plans and budgets developed and submitted.
- Students’ information services managed.
- Good health of students promoted.
- Guidance and counselling services provided.
- Sports and recreational activities organized.
- Secretariat support provided.
- Performance assessment conducted by 31st July and performance plans agreed with Staff by 31st August every year.
- Should have a Minimum of a Master’s Degree in organisation management related specialties from a recognized public or private institution.
- Experience of not less than ten (10) years of working experience, five (5) of which must have been at a senior management position in a reputable public or private institution.
- Exhibits leadership and supervisory skills.
- Demonstrates ability to build, lead and work with teams.
- Have excellent interpersonal & communication skills.
- Possesses excellent Human resource management skills
- Have good Computer literacy.
- Possesses quick judgment and decision-making skills.
- Have Planning, organising and coordinating skills
- Is of high integrity.
Demonstrates ability to withstand pressure and working for long hours.