The directorate of ICT was established in January 2015 as part of the effort to make MMU’s more ICT responsive and ready. This was one of the recommendations that was made by the ICT review committee which was put in place by the Top University Management.
To provide better ICT services in the whole University
To improve quality of ICT service in the Mountains of the Moon University and the community around it
The Core Objective of the Directorate
To ensure sustainability of MMU ICT
- To ensure responsiveness to user needs to the university that is increasingly dependent on ICT
- To ensure competent management of the entire ICT infrastructure up to the user stations.
- To Identify, specify, implement and support information systems for various University functions and needs.
- To ensure that the network grade and quality of service meet performance targets.
- To promote research and creating awareness through online resources.
- To Promote ICT services in the Rwenzori region and beyond.
” ICT infrastructure is seen as one of the greatest enablers to positive change in the world today; The way of teaching, administrative and research functions are being carried out at the universities has changed; We present to you the Directorate as a department mandated with planning, managing and maintaining the ICT infrastructure at MMU”
Information and Computing services are available throughout the university. Students and staff alike have access to computing facilities via a managed computer network. The directorate is charged with the duty of planning, implementing and maintaining the university infrastructure.
MANAGED NETWORK SERVICES
The Directorate provides and sustains effective and reliable data networking infrastructure which provides network connectivity between buildings within the university in addition to connection to wireless networking around the campus.
The directorate provides the University with a reliable, supportable and maintainable ICT service. The services include consistent and cost-effective access to the central University networked teaching, learning and corporate systems, services and resources required by University staff & students for their University business.