JOB ADVERTISEMENT; August 2023
Mountains of the Moon University (MMU) is a Public University established under Statutory Instrument, Number 2 of 2022, hence a body corporate with perpetual succession and a Common Seal. First established as a Private University in 2005, by the National Council for Higher Education (NCHE), in accordance with the Universities and Other Tertiary Institutions Act 2001, as amended, MMU has been making strides towards becoming an academic Centre of excellence.
To consolidate its desire for academic excellence, MMU hereby invites applications from suitably qualified and skilled Ugandans for the following re-advertised positions: –
Salary Scale: M4
Responsible to: University Secretary
Terms of Employment: Permanent
Age limit: Not more than 50 years
Ref. No.: EXT AD/APP/001/08/03
No. of Posts: 1
PURPOSE OF THE JOB
To manage and supervise the procurement and disposal function in the University in accordance to existing legal and policy frameworks.
- Should have a Master’s degree in either Procurement and Purchasing or Logistics and Supply Chain Management from a recognized institution.
- Should have an Honors’ Bachelor’s degree in Supplies Chain Management or Procurement and Logistics or Business Administration or Management (Procurement option) obtained from a recognized institution of Higher Learning.
- Purchasing and Supply (CIPS)
- Should be a member of a recognized professional procurement or logistics and supply chain management body.
Should have at least seven (7) years relevant working experience in procurement, or reputable organization.
a) Working experience of Electronic Government Procurement (EGP) will be an added advantage.
b) Fully IT Literate and conversant with PPDA Act 2003 and Regulations, as amended and its guidelines.
c) Should have in-depth knowledge of laws governing procurement.
d) Should have leadership and supervisory skills.
e) Should have the ability to build, lead and work with teams.
f) Should have well developed communication and interpersonal relationship skills.
g) Should be able to work additional extra hours as and when required.
Interested and eligible candidates MUST ELECTRONICALLY submit an E-mail to applicationsJune2023@mmu.ac.ug as one attachment in PDF the following:
1. Application letter.
2. A detailed up-to-date Curriculum Vitae (CV) containing names and contacts of three (3) credible referees.
3. Certified copies of the relevant academic/professional Transcripts and Certificates.
4. Copy of a valid National Identity Card.
5. Copy of the work Identity card
6. Appointment and Confirmation letter (s)
7. Details of the physical address, telephone contact and email address.
8. Any other relevant documentation to support the application.
The application should be addressed to;
The University Secretary
Mountains of the Moon University
P. O. Box 837, Lake Saaka Campus, Block C, Room 03
Fort Portal Uganda.
The deadline for receiving the application is by 5:00 p.m. on Friday 15th September 2023. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted formally.
NB: Deadline for the Lecturer Procurement & Supply Management vacancy is 0n 20th September 2023